An unhealthy sex life can lead to tension between you and your partner. It can make you feel exhausted and tired.
Everyone deserves a healthy, yet satisfying sex life but some factors in our everyday life can cause your sex drive to wane.
The mattress is for sleeping and occasionally for sex, but if your sex life is boring, you need to find out what went wrong and how you can fix it. As the only difference between a great friendship and romance is sex.
Different things can affect your desire for sex, one of which is a low testosterone. This could be a major loss in sex drive as testosterone is the main male sex hormone.
Apart from this factor, other factors affect your urge for sex which can lead to a disconnection between partners. It is important for couples to run a proper check on their love life and make-up with their relationship flaws.
Without further ado, NAIJ.com’s Esther Odili has compiled seven factors that destroy your urge for sex.
- Sleep: Little sleep does not only affect our looks, health and ability to deal with everyday stress, it also kills sex drive and lowers level of testosterone. Sleep is a basic biological necessity. It has an impact on every aspect of our health and life. Sound sleep results in an increased energy and productivity. It aids a better mood and longer life. So, an eight-hour rest not just makes you feel better, but is essential for your sex drive.
- Consumption of excess food: Consumption of any food in excess leads to weight gain and is the number one sex drive killer for any man. Diet accelerates the ageing process. Foods that contain added hormones or antibiotics such as some red meats and fatty foods, starchy foods are a huge sex offender and unbalance a man’s natural hormone. Poor diet is also a huge factor to the lost of your sex drive. A good diet equals a good sex and the better your diet the more healthy your sex drive.
- Alcohol: Alcohol in moderation never hurt anyone’s lust but over indulging can bring things down at night. Alcohol can affect your sexual prowess as it can cause trouble achieving organism and also aid premature ejaculation. Being drunk can also be a turn off for your partner. And too much alcohol is going to make one feel sleepy, tired and consequently, lose interest in sex.
- Stress: Stress is one of the biggest mood killers. Although some people do many things well when they are stressed, feeling sexy is not one of them, especially for women. Stress at work, home or in marriage can happen to anyone but learning to handle it in a healthy manner is helpful and needful.
- Erection problems: Men with erectile dysfunction (ED) often worry about how they will be able to perform sexually and that worry can drain their sexual desire even before they start the process. This issue can be treated and couples can also work together to keep it from affecting their relationship.
- Problems with partner: For many women, emotional closeness is an essential prelude to sexual intimacy. Problems with spouses can be a huge contributive factor to low sex drive. Lack of connection with your partner, unresolved conflicts or fights, communication issues, infidelity, to mention but a few, often lead to lost of interest in sex and a reduction of sex drive among couples.
- Depression: Depression is a common cause of poor sex drive and often leads to poor sleep. Depression can lead to other libido conditions like high blood pressure. Sex without feeling close can slay desire; intimacy is more than just sex. If your sex life is dry as a couple, try to talk it over by spending more non-sexual time together, just the two of you. Talk, snuggle, trade messages and find other ways to express love without having sex. Getting closer can rebuild your sex drive.